Two great options are normally available for private bookings:
1. The Classic: THE DEID DUG TOUR.
Everyone remembers the Deid Dug scene from the book and the film. Stand in the line of fire! The on-location passages from the book come thick and fast in this Leith Town Centre tour, including Leith Central Station for the T-word, and usually ending on the bench where Spud sits at the top of Shore. We discuss the film as we go.
Basic charge: £10.00 per person. Minimum charge: £20 per tour; £7.50 per person for third and more.
LEITH FESTIVAL SPECIALS
As my annual Festival Special I’ll be doing the tour from the courtyard of the Dockers’ Club 1900 (7.00pm) on Wednesday 14th, Thursday 15th and Friday 16th June. Festival prices: £5 / £4(concs) First come first served – strict maximum 15.
As well as going on location, buy a signed copy of the book – and of course I can make a special inscription at your request. See what they think of the book on https://www.amazon.co.uk/Choose-Life-Leith-Trainspotting-Location/dp/1912147653
2. STUDY GROUPS ARE A SPECIALITY.
Tours can be customised as required; for example focussing on addiction, or HIV/AIDS, or the distinctive social/community issues in Leith that gave rise to the Trainspotting generation. I normally have access to an excellent indoor facility for a round-table presentation and discussion.
See the Guestbook for comments from people who have done the tour. The Student Newspaper liked it!
- Group rates for parties of 5 or more.
- Start-point: normally in the courtyard of the Dockers’ Club, 17-17a Academy Street, EH6 7EE. This is the setting of Renton’s uncomfortable evening after doing cold turkey. On request we can meet at one of the spiritual homes of Trainspotting, Port o’ Leith pub, 58 Constitution St, Edinburgh EH6 6RS
- Tours take around two hours.
Fill out the simple booking enquiry form for more information.