Two great options are normally available for private bookings:
1. The Classic: THE DEID DUG TOUR.
Everyone remembers the Deid Dug scene from the book and the film. Stand in the line of fire! The on-location passages from the book come thick and fast in this Leith Town Centre tour, ending at Leith Central Station for the T-word. We discuss the film as we go.
2. STUDY GROUPS ARE A SPECIALITY.
They can be customised as required; for example focussing on addiction, or HIV/AIDS, or the distinctive social/community issues in Leith that gave rise to the Trainspotting generation. I normally have access to an excellent indoor facility for a round-table presentation and discussion.
Alternatively, we can visit the scene of the book’s Worst Toilet (the film location is elsewhere), the sheriff court and Deacon Brodie’s pub. This tour requires taking a few buses.
Please email to request a booking.
Basic charge: £7.50 per person. Minimum charge: £15 per tour.
- Group rates for parties of 8 or more.
- Start-point: normally at the benches opposite Cafe Truva, 77 The Shore, Edinburgh EH6 6RG. On request we can meet at one of the spiritual homes of Trainspotting, Port o’ Leith pub, 58 Constitution St, Edinburgh EH6 6RS
- Tours take around two hours.
Fill out the simple booking enquiry form for more information.